As Canada and the world continues to respond to the evolving Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic situation, I would like to reassure everyone that the health, well-being and safety of our communities, employees and their families, customers, partners and vendors is our top priority.
Sprouse is monitoring the COVID-19 developments and adjusting our response to the realities at the time and in compliance with the recommendations of the local Health Authorities and the World Health Organization in their efforts to contain the spread of the virus. Sprouse Fire and Safety is proactively addressing the evolving conditions and has enacted Phase One of our Pandemic Response Plan. This includes:
- Keeping employees informed through regular COVID-19 updates,
- Educating and enforcing Social Distancing techniques,
- Educating and enforcing proper handwashing,
- Limiting our work force physical interaction through work from home, staggered start times for outbound technical staff, and social distancing.
- Instituting a zero-contact procedure for picking up and dropping off parts and material at our warehouses,
- Instituting a zero-contact procedure for interactions with customers,
- Ongoing disinfecting protocols in public areas of our facilities where customers and vendors frequent,
- Initiated a free pickup and drop off service to customers who require their portable fire extinguishers serviced yet have site lock-down processes in effect,
- Issuing appropriate PPE such as hand sanitizer, disposable gloves, P-100 masks to all staff
- Enforcing self-isolation of all employees if they are exhibiting any cold or flu like symptoms or have had direct contact with a positive or presumptive positive; employees are mandated to contact 811 to initiate the COVID-19 testing and surveillance process.
Please know that we are committed to taking every measure possible to keep our community, customers, employees and vendors healthy and safe always. We are prepared to adapt accordingly as this rapidly changing situation requires, depending on updates received through the Government, Health Canada, or WHO. We will also be communicating with you when we have any updates or information to share. You can also check our website, www.sprousefire.com for more information.
Rick R. Mooers